Marshall Wace is built on a culture of innovation and we maintain and build cutting edge hardware and software solutions. We are looking for an ambitious, enthusiastic and highly motivated Production Engineer to join our global Production Engineering team in London. This is not your usual production support role; we are looking for someone who wouldn’t be puzzled by the term ‘Infrastructure as Code’, and is just as happy debugging a PowerShell script as they are tracing a call stack, troubleshooting an OS issue, or performing a deep dive into SQL performance issues.
This position is not about plugging in servers, tracing cables, and keeping the lights on (although there will be some of that), this is about working in an environment where automation is king. The ideal candidate will relish the opportunity to take on responsibility, have 2-4 years of relevant experience in an enterprise environment and have a proven record of accomplishment in problem solving using scripting and automating.
- Tactical development for tooling, monitoring and automation utilizing languages including PowerShell, Python, SQL and .Net
- Work closely with development and support staff, both locally and globally, to solve problems and provide solutions
- Identify root cause of issues, then prioritize and work independently to suggest and/or develop solutions
- 1st to 3rd line IT infrastructure support, skillset dependent, including mobile devices, desktops, servers, network, and facilities
- Act as escalation contact for mission critical applications and drive solutions with complete end-to-end ownership
- Maintain the highest levels of systems availability – mostly proprietary applications, across the enterprise
- Experience scripting in PowerShell and/or Python.
- Microsoft SQL Server development/administration experience (e.g. troubleshoot stored procedures and analyze SQL code)
- Experience in managing and troubleshooting Windows/AD, Linux, IIS
- One or more deployment models; Windows GP/DSC, GIT/Octopus, etc.
- ActiveBatch or similar automation toolset
- Knowledge/interest in cyber security